About the Blog

Hey guys! Thanks for checking out my personal blog. This is really just a deposit for what's on my mind at the time. I remember watching a professional producer talking about how he improves his create mind, and one of his methods was to consistently write a diary to releave his mind of thoughts, so that's what this is all about. If I have something on my mind, whether its a story, real life drama, and just ideas I have I'll be writing them here!

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Having the Right Mind Set (20/06/2013)


Everyone goes through depression every once in a while. Some people more than others and everyone has their own way of showing it. Similar to everyone else, so have I been depressed. When I was younger, I used to wallow away in my depression for days at a time. Just sit in bed, turn off my phone, and not leave. I remember in my last year of high school I went through some pretty bad depression, missed two weeks of school, and all I did was lay in bed all day. My parents put it to being lazy, but I wasn't someone to come out and say I'm depressed. I lived with it, and as we have learned it’s a chemical imbalance and not just someone being down. Though I don't have a special method to keep myself from getting depressed I do have a method of pulling myself out of that dark hole.

Among the dread of having to deal with depression, something that goes hand in hand with it is complete lack of motivation. Trying to run my own company, working on my music and other creative expenditures, trying to get good enough marks to keep doing my commerce degree, along with all the other things that go along with life. I don't think what I'm going through is much different then everyone reading this. We all have goals, and we all struggle with the motivation to get us through this.

Worse than that is when you actually see yourself achieve a goal, but nothing comes to it. That hits right where it hurts. You think you are making progress only to get nowhere. Every year you see eager teenagers jumping into post secondary school, thinking that they will be paving the solid foundation for the rest of their lives only to graduation with an honors degree in art history and have nothing to do with it.

With all these daily anchors bringing people down, I usually go to my brother seeking advice. He's probably the most successful young person I know. At 23 he's a college "professor" (part time, but people call him professor) and yet growing up people wrote him off. He told me that really I just have to change my mind set. Sounds easier said than done, which I completely agree.

You have to look at it from a different perspective though. I remember following this Youtuber you was asked why is he so happy. He said a simple thing; I wake up every morning and choose to be happy. To relate it to my own life, going into something expecting that everything will be the best it can be is also not healthy. Life can be shit; you just need to learn to not let it bring you down. See it as a natural occurrence, and you just need to focus on how to get out of it. You need only focus on what you live for, what drives you, whether that be the idea of being famous, having the money, or just making that love of your life happy. You hold that though dearly, and let it pull you out of anything, and keep you driving forward.

Here my first recommended track of the blog, been loving what Monstercat has been doing for quite some time now, please enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment