About the Blog

Hey guys! Thanks for checking out my personal blog. This is really just a deposit for what's on my mind at the time. I remember watching a professional producer talking about how he improves his create mind, and one of his methods was to consistently write a diary to releave his mind of thoughts, so that's what this is all about. If I have something on my mind, whether its a story, real life drama, and just ideas I have I'll be writing them here!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Living with a Juvenile Big Brother

Alright, so for those of you who have been following my daily blog, you would know that my older brother of one year moved back home, as he finished school. This has become increasingly frustrating to the point where I just nights of sleep over it.

See my sleeping habits have never been normal, I cannot just decide to go to bed at a certain time. If I try, I will just lay there awake with my mind racing. Usually after about 2 hours laying there I have the need to just get up and do something. I have become accustomed to this issue and learn to deal with it so that it never really effects my day to day life. Simply just ensure I get tired around a certain time, this usually entails me getting around 6 hours sleep per day and usually have about a 2 hour variance when I get tired, once I begin to feel tired, I can usually just pass out without the energy to sit there and think.

This was all fine and dandy until my brother moved back in. His sleeping habits can be as erratic as mine at times, and thats not really the issue. The issue is that he almost always has the obligation to disrupt my sleeping pattern. I have not been back at school for more than two weeks and he has already ruined more than half of my weeknights for sleep. Whether he comes down, and wakes me up just as I fall asleep because it is before midnight. Where if I wake up just after falling asleep, I rarely go back to sleep. Or sometimes he just annoys me so much in my "tired phase" that I get so frustrated that I am no longer tired, and than he scurries away (which is exactly what he has done this morning). I know my sleeping habits are bad, if I have work todo, I will stay up until I am done, and like this morning, I was planning on going to bed around 9am as my classes started late. But no, he continues to bug me until I am no longer tired, meaning I will most likely pass out before class, missing my classes, or go to my class and fall asleep.

Some of you might try and offer solutions to this issue, but don't. My brother is 22, though he is living back at home, he seems to ignore my parents requests. He has his own floor in this house, as do I, and yet bugging me seems to be his main priority. I have told him, I need sleep to go to class and properly intake the knowledge, but him being a programmer, he disagrees with me, saying he would go three days without sleep. That or when he wakes me up, he tells me to just go back to sleep, if only it were that easy for me. I have been like this for about 5 years, and he only lived away from the house for 2 years, so this isn't anything new from him. I am just writting this because it seems like a better outlet of my anger, than punching him in the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment