About the Blog

Hey guys! Thanks for checking out my personal blog. This is really just a deposit for what's on my mind at the time. I remember watching a professional producer talking about how he improves his create mind, and one of his methods was to consistently write a diary to releave his mind of thoughts, so that's what this is all about. If I have something on my mind, whether its a story, real life drama, and just ideas I have I'll be writing them here!

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Writing a Soundtrack - Day 3

Many musicians look to different aspects of their life for inspiration. Johnny Cash took inspiration from his time he spent in jail, Adele, from a bad break up, and myself, DJ Wilma, from a deadline. Yes, nothing gives a musician inspiration and motivation like a deadline. My brother came to me, and said, I want the song done by the end of the night, as we are releasing the alpha. So with four hours sleep, I pounded through the night finishing the rough rough rough copy of the song.

Now this is where it gets interesting, because the song is more or less done, minus a few tweeks here and there, but after talking to him about the concept of the game, I came to the realisation that my song I have put so many hours into doesn't fit the idea of the game. In other words, unless I make major changes to this song, those who are selected for the alpha of this game will have to listen to it over and over again, but most likely those in the beta, will never hear it, as I plan on writing another song as the theme song for the game.

The troubles of having a team of less game designers and more programmers can create.

Even if this song never makes it onto the soundtrack of the final game, it has been a great learning experience for myself. Going from attempting EDM, to writing music for a full orchestra has been a life changing experience, and if anything, solidified the fact that I want to work with music for the rest of my life, not be an accountant, a finance broker, but work with music any way I can.

Much Luv, and if I can, I hope to release a teaser of the game with this track!

DJ Wilma

No comments:

Post a Comment